February 18, 2011

Art... A commission with Julia Davis


Artist Julia Davis is something of a local legend for (amongst many other talents) her wonderful paintings of cows. One of her pieces hangs in our local pub, and we have been admiring it for ages now (and wishing it was in our living room). As a combined valentines day/birthday present for me, Farmer Joe commissioned Julia to paint a large canvas of the cows on our farm. Julia came out for a ride in the ute, and armed with only my terrible cheap camera, took snaps for inspiration.


The cows were very obliging, clustering around the ute in various poses.


Julia also took landscape shots for the background, and some interesting details too.


A very excited Farmer Joe and I shared a wine with Julia this week to finalise the details. I would love to show you one of her completed works but there is nothing on Google. Enough to say these photos don't do her work justice, so I will have to settle for showing you mine as soon as it is ready.
B.x

1 comment:

I love reading your comments. Thank you!