February 3, 2011

Meanwhile, on the farm...


Three hundred beehives have just arrived to pollinate the lucerne. The only problem is that the bees don't stay in the lucerne and are very fond of buzzing around the house and garden. Sure enough, I took one step outside after they arrived and promptly got my first bee sting in 20 years. After hopping around the house looking for the phone to ring Farmer Joe (I'm not sure if I wanted him to help me or just wanted someone to whinge to), I eventually retired to the couch with a bag of frozen beans tied to my foot. This morning my foot wouldn't fit into any of my shoes (Farmer Joe's suggestions of thongs or ugg boots were not considered appropriate for work) and I spent the day hiding one bare, swollen foot under my desk.
Ahhh...farm life.
B.x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!