April 7, 2011

Great Food

Images by Penguin

Instant love for the new Great Food series to be release by Penguin next month (and many thanks to Amanda at Oliveaux for blogging about it!). The series includes the best of culinary writing for the past 400 years. The cover art is beautiful and the titles are charming (yes, A Dissertation Upon Roast Pig was written by Charles Lamb. Love it!).

I love to cook and will buy the series to read, but they have also solved my dilemma about art for the kitchen. A small empty space on the wall needed something colourful, quirky, and culinary. While I would never normally consider book breaking, I think in this instance I'll buy one extra copy of my favourite, and have the cover framed. The only question now is, which one do I choose?

Image by Penguin

B.x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!