May 11, 2011

Chalk it up...

Image by Country Living

After mulling the idea over for a few weeks, Farmer Joe has decided that a blackboard would be a useful addition to the kitchen (my farmer always rates decorating suggestions on practicality). Hunting for inspiration I've discovered some surprisingly stylish blackboard options...

Source unknown


I love the casual elegance of this blackboard, and am now feeling inspired to display menus for future dinner parties (- though less sophisticated. Sadly, my culinary capacity does not extend to sauteed sole with brown butter hollandaise).

Source unknown


The scale of this blackboard turns it into a practical piece of art.


Image by Cottage Living
 Kitchen walls painted with chalkboard paint seem to be popular at present. It looks gorgeous here, but is a touch chaotic for my more obsessive side.

Source unknown


Chalkboard paint on cabinetry is a quirky way to resurrect old furniture.

Image by Pottery Barn


But this is perfect for us! Simple and understated. I even love the quote. This particular blackboard is from Pottery Barn (who do not ship to Australia). Tip: I have found nice blackboards hard to source and discovered I could make it myself from masonite sheeting and chalkboard paint. However, it turns out that my local framer does custom blackboards. Problem solved!

B.x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!