June 25, 2011

Guest bedroom mini-makeover

We are still a few months away from starting building work in the guest bedroom, but the guests just keep coming! So, I decided on a quick mini-makeover to make the room a bit more hospitable for the time being.


Here is a reminder of the 'before'. With our finances firmly committed elsewhere in the house, I had to manage the makeover with things we already had or could buy cheaply.


I started with this wood-framed pastel I had been given as gift, and had it reframed in ornate silver...


Hurricane lanterns and a hand-carved sandstone lotus bowl helped to finish-off the chest of drawers.


The butterfly paintings we picked up at an art school in India, the linen cushions were 'recycled' from the wingback chairs in the study and the floral cushions were a bargain from Cottage Home Couture on Etsy.




The real work is yet to begin, but at least I don't have to apologise to our guests for the 'ugly' quite so much!

B.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thank you!