July 1, 2011

My kitchen has no 'Wow'...

Our new kitchen ticks all the right boxes - oak floors, white shaker style cabinetry, granite benchtops, white subway tile splashbacks. But it has no 'wow' factor and I've been feeling discontent. The final nail in the coffin came last night when Farmer Joe tried to defend the kitchen by calling it 'perfectly nice'. Not quite the look I was going for...

Then, trawling the blogosphere for inspiration I stumbled across this...


Image from http://shelterinteriordesign.blogspot.com/

A single oversized lantern is just the 'wow' we need. Having a short and sideways island bench, we could never manage a row of gorgeous hanging lights. But we can certainly do one!

Image by House Beautiful

Image via cotedetexas

Image via interiorly

Image via the decorologist

Now the only question is where do I find one. Any ideas?

B.x

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say how gorgeous it is! Wonderful idea! Enjoy the lovely weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!