August 16, 2011

On blinds and bathrooms...

Christina Murphy

Recently, I had a conversation with a lovely lady in my favourite interiors store that went a little something like this:
B: "I was wondering if you could help me. I'm completely stuck with what to do with my bathroom window. It needs a covering, but I've no idea what".
Lady: "Well, what are you doing with all the other windows in your house?".
B: "White roman blinds".
Lady: "And why can't you do that in your bathroom too?".
B: "Ummm... I don't know".

Somehow, the idea of soft window coverings in wet areas had fallen onto my list of dont's. Don't know why, I just thought it was a no-no. But apparently the rest of the world has known all along that this is actually a fabulous idea. Check these out...


Katch ID


Mabley Handler


Helen Green


Dresser Homes. All images via Decorpad

Sign me up, white roman blinds everywhere!
B.x

4 comments:

  1. I remember aunty H used to have soft window coverings in Luke n Soph's bathroom and was the envy of us all! Only beware of mildew.. and the dreaded dust curse that sometimes accompanies farm house living! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was surely refreshing. I'm excited with ideas now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you decide in the end Brooke? :)

    I am thinking plantation shutters for our bathrooms (once we can afford them).

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi B! We ended up going for white Roman blinds. The ones we've chosen are treated to be moisture and mildew resistant. I love them (I'll post them soon, I promise!).

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!