August 10, 2011

(Still) obsessed with kitchen lighting



Not to be unpatriotic, but there are some things the Americans just do better than us. And lighting is one of them. My previous idea to hang an oversized lantern over our island bench (see post here) has been thwarted by the limited range of lights available in Aus within anything like a reasonable budget. So, focusing on what is available, I'm now leaning heavily toward an industrial pendant in a silver finish.




I do love this look, but our island bench is vertical and teeny-tiny, so we could definitely only fit one light. More like this...


Images via decorpad

So my worry is (and I really need help here), will one lonely hanging light give enough impact to 'wow-up' my whole kitchen? This is my short list (remember the backdrop - white shaker cabinetry, white subway tiles, beige granite benchtops)...


Image by Cape Cod Designs

Image by Cape Cod Designs

Image via Vixen & Velvet

Image by Vixen & Velvet

Image by Vixen & Velvet

At this point, I'm ready to let this one be settled by popular vote...

B.x

5 comments:

  1. first one and last one make the biggest statements... 2 and 3 are nice and simple, which should fit in nicely with the clean lines of the kitchen, but could they end up looking like upside down mixing bowls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you, the Americans do most things like this way better than we do and it's so much cheaper too. Now we can buy things from Pottery Barn I will be doing a lot more shopping from there that's for sure.

    Great lights-good luck choosing!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one Ms. B followed closely by the second (from top)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 1 light if the space is small could definitely work. They are all great, particularly like the 3rd one. Hope that helps a little :) Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your thoughts. I'm still giggling that every single light got a vote. I think we had two votes for number 3? I might have to consider that a win...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!