September 30, 2011

Can I frame a sack and call it art?


via my sweet savannah

Since most of our guest bedroom suite drove away in the back of Mum's car a few weeks ago, I have been busily planning a new modern/vintage room design. Yesterday, Krista Salmon {Kiki's List} posted about framing vintage scarves and it gave me an idea: Why not frame a vintage french grain sack as guest bedroom art? A quick google made it pretty clear I'm not the first person to think of this (don't you hate that!) - but there are plenty of pretty grain sacks out there to choose from -

Dorsbien - Etsy


Dorsbien - Etsy

SimplyFrenchVintage - Etsy

Dorsbien - Etsy

I'm imagining the sack in a bold, white, modern frame to give some balance. What do you think - can I frame a sack and call it art?

B.x

3 comments:

  1. I like it a lot! Definitely fits the modern/vintage theme. Does this also mean that you need to buy all new furniture for the Guest Room???

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M! Yes, all new furniture on the way as well. I'm thinking of some natural (light) oak bedsides, a linen upholstered bench seat and I've found some fantastic all glass table lamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!