September 28, 2011

Inspiration... Outdoor entertaining


With a hint of Spring in the air, Farmer Joe has declared that he will not, must not, and cannot survive another Summer without an outdoor entertaining area. I suspect that all Aussie men consider owning a patio, pergola or gazebo close to a basic human right. So, although we can't afford to have the entire structure built in time for this Summer, I have a plan to have an outdoor open fire built that can be enclosed in the overhead structure later on. So I went looking for some inspiration...




All images via decorpad

And just so you know why I need so much inspiration to start planning this project - take a look at the area now (deep breath, it's really bad)...

Future outdoor entertaining area - West view
South view

B.x

3 comments:

  1. These photos of amazing outdoor areas have thrown me into an obsessed depression! I love them and need one, although having difficulties being 25 floors in the air! Have been dreaming of the outdoor areas of my neighbours in the beach front homes! Love, love, LOVE the idea of the curtaining outdoors, can imagine them blowing in a warm summer breeze!! oh heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos of amazing outdoor areas have thrown me into an obsessed depression! I love them and need one, although having difficulties being 25 floors in the air! Have been dreaming of the outdoor areas of my neighbours in the beach front homes! Love, love, LOVE the idea of the curtaining outdoors, can imagine them blowing in a warm summer breeze!! oh heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love curtaining too! Just trying to convince Farmer Joe that they are superior to plastic roller blinds. He is always so practical...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!