October 20, 2011

Benches, benches everywhere...


I've been a little stuck recently about how to finish two empty corners in the house. Armchairs won't work, both spaces are very shallow, and there are already two timber benches in the entrance / living space.


Trawling the internet last night I stumbled across the idea of upholstered benches. Perfect! Versatile, welcoming, and handy for sneaking extra seating into the living space.


There are gorgeous examples everywhere. I've chosen two from Interiors Online, one for the living room to be reupholstered in pale linen, and one for the bedroom to be redone in vivid white.

all images via decorpad

I'll show you when they're done!

B.x

4 comments:

  1. Please do B! I'm sure they will look amazing :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benches are fabulous! I have had the one at the end of my bed for years and just change the upholstery for fun every now and then

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the idea of putting a beautiful bench at the foot of the stairs or near the front door! The first image is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bench with the gilded legs. I am just loving that pop of pink!. What a great store! I just discovered your gorgeous blog through one of my favourite blogs 'Gild & Grace'. I have just signed up as your latest follower! I look forward to popping by for some more inspiration!
    x
    Melissah

    Ps your followers is not showing - I will pop back another day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!