October 12, 2011

Considering final kitchen touches...


This week I'm absorbed in trying to find the perfect decorating touches to finish the kitchen. Our new kitchen is quite traditional - U-shaped with island bench, white shaker cabinetry, white subway tile splashbacks, beige granite benchtops, etc. The tricky part is that we want to avoid becoming too 'country kitchen'. So far we have a black vintage style clock, and a framed blackboard (they both need to stay). Other than that, I'm open to ideas!


I love the cluster of white ceramic jugs tucked in the alcove next to the oven in the image above (easy to do!), and the little potted topiaries in the kitchens below. I wonder if they would really survive indoors?


Cut flowers are a bit difficult because I can't access them locally (the challenges of country life!), and fruit is always cheap and cheery but I'd prefer more permanent touches.


And I fully approve of art in the kitchen - those black frames look nice and sharp against the white splashbacks.


And this last one, well that's just generally fabulous...

all images via decorpad

I'd love your ideas and suggestions. Have you found any great ways to decorate a kitchen?

B.x

1 comment:

I love reading your comments. Thank you!