October 6, 2011

Old find, new project


About a year ago, Farmer Joe came home from a clearing sale proudly hauling an enormous workbench he had picked up for $50. He thought we could use it as furniture in the house. I said (very politely) no. It has sat in the shed collecting dust and bird droppings ever since.


Then after my outdoor entertaining inspiration post last week, I started thinking about outdoor furniture. Particularly, how much I would love an enormous outdoor table that could hold at least 12 family or friends. Bingo! An old find suddenly becomes a new project.


This thing is seriously huge. It needs to be stripped back and/or sanded (can you tell I have no idea what I'm doing?) and oiled. Then I think she'll be a bit of a stunner. I'm imagining ultra-comfy wicker chairs along both sides - maybe something like this:

image via interiorsonline.com.au

I should probably try to focus on the hard work for now...
B.x

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this will be gorgeous. And so cheap! I paid a fortune (dont even want to tell you how much) for my old workbench from an over priced antique shop. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty well, thanks B! I've spoken to a handy man who told me how to get it all scrubbed up. Now I'm waiting until the rainwater tanks are moved so that I've actually got somewhere to put it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!