October 7, 2011

Take 2... Dressing the bed

The main bedroom and I have been fighting each other for a while now. I've tried to create a calm and relaxing space with muted neutral tones. However, the colour scheme seems to be thrown out really easily and I've had to redo several things to make it all work. This was my first attempt at dressing the bed to work with the colour scheme -

Main bed - Take 1

Blah. I'm cringing now just looking at it. Not enough colour contrast or personality. So I tried again -

Main bed - Take 2

Inspired by the arrival of the long awaited black velvet armchair (not shown), I introduced slightly bolder black and white elements. The room feels crisper now, and a little more fun.
Sources: Custom dog bed by Ada & Darcy, black and white striped cushions from Pillow Throw Decor on Etsy. Black velvet cushion custom made by Laura Ashley.

B.x
P.S. - Yes, I know the sheets are wrinkly. But I've been busy painting architraves while my house has no back doors!

1 comment:

  1. I like both really. What lovely taste you have. That doggie bed alone would make me want to get a dog!!! I r-e-a-l-l-y love your posts! Have a nice weekend...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!