November 14, 2011

A birthday, tapas and sangria


It was Farmer Joe's 30th birthday yesterday. With all the farmers now busily making hay and harvesting their crops there wasn't much time for a celebration. Nevertheless, we threw together a casual tapas dinner for some of Farmer Joe's mates.


I whipped up some Sangria using great local sparkling shiraz. It got rave reviews, and by the end of the night the boys were eating the Cointreau-soaked fruit from the bottom of the dispenser.


Our local pub couldn't manage imported Spanish beer, so I just used Peronis and hoped no one would notice (they did - it didn't matter).


And of course, with nine courses to prepare I forgot to take a photo of the table. So we'll have to settle for pretty tealights and a blurry background. A great time was had by all!

B.x

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Farmer Joe!!!

    Where did you get the dispenser from B?

    I'd love to hear what kind of dishes you had too :)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B! I've bought two glass drink dispensers, one from The Little Big Company, and one from Sharnel Dollar Designs. I ordered both online and they arrived promptly in the mail.

    The tapas menu was courtesy of the Australian Women's Weekly Tapas cookbook - very authentic ;). Some of the biggest hits were the fried garlic and herb chorizo sausage, chilli garlic button mushrooms, grilled prawns with tomato and fetta, prawn and dill tortilla, and spiced wedges with tomato dipping sauce. I'm still tired from all the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it was a perfect way to quickly celebrate a 30th birthday. It also sounds very stylish too. Go you!!! Happy birthday to Farmer Joe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please wish Joe a belated Happy Birthday from Adam and I! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky is Farmer Joe having such a lovely birthday party?! Your drink dispenser is gorgeous B. HAve a great week :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to Farmer Joe, it sounds like an awesome night was had by all! I have to get my hands on one of those dispensers (and some Sangria!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday farmer Joe. It looks like wonderful party.
    X
    Viera
    VT Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy b'day farmer Joe, What a fabulous dinner. Love your drink dispenser. I have always wanted to try sangria, you have me inspred!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!