November 29, 2011

Libraries with ladders

decorpad

Even since before we moved in, the study has been the room I have been most excited about renovating. Being very sensible (at times), I agreed to hold off until the public living areas and bathroom were finished. But that hasn't stopped me from busily planning my fabulous new study, and one must-have is a library cabinet with a ladder...

source unknown

The image above was my first inspiration, and has been in my renovation folder since long before I blogged. The inspiration folder has grown a little since then...

decorpad

decorpad

design sponge

houzz

decorpad

Don't you get the feeling that the most interesting books are all on the top shelves?

B.x


6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of having a ladder in a study or library room - it definitely adds a sense of warmth to the room, being surrounded by floor to ceiling bookshelves! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a library ladder too! You definitely need one B!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best decoration in the world - a room full of books

    hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first images with the gorgeous green curtains & the splash of pink ...very elegant!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh yes - LOVE a ladder on library shelves. I used to work at RM Williams while at school/uni - they had similar style ladders to get up to the high shelving for the boots - lots of fun x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!