November 9, 2011

Upholstery help please!


The first of my upholstered benches from Interiors Online has arrived (kindly modelled by Belly the Ragdoll). It fits perfectly into the empty corner in our living room, but I'm a little stumped in selecting an upholstery fabric. The current linen clashes with our sofa and I would like to inject a splash of the unexpected, - maybe something preppy and modern?


These are our current fabrics - taupe / linen sofa with damask and pale linen cushions, and two armchairs in red ticking. I'm open to all ideas. I'm imagining a bold grey and white stripe, or even a chevron. Farmer Joe has suggested charcoal linen with a white 'racing' stripe (not so sure about that). I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Another living room shot - just in case it helps!

B.x

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, decisions, decisions! Stripes are always such a great classic choice but I love chevron too! I think grey will work well with your colour palette :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes! Predictable from me I know but I just love them and classy they are. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi..nice decorations, i like it. thank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that big basket! Love it!
    D
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!