December 1, 2011

Christmas inspiration...


I thought I'd celebrate the official start to the festive season with a little Christmas inspiration from the folks at Traditional Home. I'm not sure what I love more - that tree or those windows!


Now I know that here in Oz, Christmas Day can hit 40 degrees. But there's something about a crackling fire that is just so festive...



And finally, wouldn't you love a house that was large enough to justify a second enormous Christmas tree?...

all images Traditional Home

Our tree is waiting at home to be decorated this evening. With a few glasses of sparkling and Bing Crosby's White Christmas album, it's a little tradition that always marks the start of the season for us.

B.x

6 comments:

  1. That tradition sounds like my own, there's nothing better than decorating the tree with a glass of bubbly while your favourite christmas music is playing in the background...love it!Have a beautiful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first pic, just beautiful !!!, I think the window is stunning and really sets the scene for Christmas. We have a similar tradition where I do all the hard work of putting the tree up, the lights on and then we all decorate it together with my guidance of course and lastly my Husband puts the star on the tree. Have loads of fun decorating can't wait to see a pic.

    Mellissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is that window in the first pic?! Gorgeous! Have fun with the tree! I'm going to put mine up this weekend too :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, those windows in the first image! How beautiful. It's so nice putting the tree up with some Christmas music in the background, enjoy! Thank you for your comment about the shop, I really appreciate it. Have a lovely weekend..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh. So lovely!

    I found your blog from Anna at My Design Ethos. I'm following and hope you'll check out my blog too!

    ~shanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your beautiful blog via- my design ethos. So happy i did! I love it... the style... your story, even the name. -Just became a follower!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!