December 5, 2011

Kitchen herb garden

Note to self: Next time, wipe off dirty potting mix
finger-prints before taking photographs.

Amazing how Christmas can motivate you to get stuck in to the 'to-do' list. Six months ago, I was inspired by the potted kitchen herbs in Jamie Oliver's 30 Minute Meals TV series. I've had all the components sitting out in the shed ever since. On Sunday (with Christmas looming), I finally put it all together.



The vintage silverware plant markers are made to order from me2 on madeit. The woven tray was from Balhannah by Design, and is very handy for popping the whole lot outside into the sun each morning.


That's one job off the list, only another two dozen or so to go...

B.x

12 comments:

  1. What a clever way to display your herbs, looks great and is also handy. Mellissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Brooke. Those spoon herb markers are fantastic, I was thinking of getting some actually, so I'm glad I got to see them in action!

    Happy Monday!

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, practical and pretty at the same time!!! Love it.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous idea - I love the vintage spoons!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love these herb labels so much too. Ive been hinting for a set for Christmas. :) Where are the little china planters from or are they cups?
    Pretty.
    D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so gorgeous B! Would love some fresh herbs at home :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right, the thought of people coming to stay motivates me to get stuck into some overlooked jobs! Herb garden looks lovely. Well done.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb! The planters are just a random selection of little white pots that I scrounged together. Cups are a great idea though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Brooke. The spoons and the little wicker basket - Jamie would be proud! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those spoon herb markers are too precious! It's such a beautiful idea for the kitchen window... now if only I could keep the herbs alive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore everything about these! You just do everything so well Ms. B.! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this idea! The herb labels are gorgeous and I love the little basket and pots you have them in! Such a lovely addition to your kitchen; you have me all inspired :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!