After (too) many frustrating hours of trying to source designer upholstery fabrics online, I've finally stumbled across a site that has me smiling... Spoonflower. Spoonflower is to textiles what Etsy is to cottage industry, with an online marketplace that offers the largest collection of independent designer fabrics in the world. (How did I not know about this before?). Orders are custom printed on the base fabric of your choice at really affordable prices. If you're feeling brave, you can even upload your own fabric designs for printing. And best of all, they have international shipping. Here are a few of my favourites...
|all images via Spoonflower|
Meanwhile, I've been tagged by Anna (My Design Ethos) and KL (eternalicons), who wanted to know a little more about me (thanks ladies!). I'm going to cheat and give you an abridged version with six random facts (because there really isn't that much to say!):
1. I spent nine years at university (yep, that's full time). Now I like to think of my degrees as incredibly expensive art for the study.
2. I've kept my maiden name because my husband's surname rhymes with my first. The local townsfolk ignore this choice and use the rhyming name because it's funny.
3. I've been a vegetarian since I rescued a week old hatchling chicken when I was twelve (and yes, I married a beef and lamb farmer - go figure).
4. Despite having moved to the country, my wardrobe still contains 40 pairs of heels and a half dozen puffy silk skirts, because I like to pretend that one day, I'll have an excuse to wear them again.
5. I am an enormous nerd, with an addiction to historical and scientific non-fiction and classic literature. As a result, I am an unbeaten champion at Trivial Pursuit.
6. Even after living in the country for three years, I still cry every time we accidentally run over a bird or rabbit. My friends also won't drive with me, because I brake and/or swerve for every little creature within 100 metres (including, once, a dragonfly).