February 13, 2012

Provincial pilgrimage...

image by Provincial Home Living

Remember my post on French cafe-style dining chairs {here}? As usual, my inspiration was running ahead of our budget and it was only on the weekend that I was finally able to collect my chosen chairs - the Villa Cafe Chair from Provincial Home Living.

Living in the country, an otherwise simple furniture purchase actually involves a 600km interstate pilgrimage. So I packed myself into our 4WD and drove for three hours through this...


Until I made it here... Provincial Home Living in Hamilton, VIC.


I can't say enough about the quality of the customer service at this store. Maybe it's because it's a regional store with good old fashioned country friendliness, but even though I only make it here two or three times a year, the staff always remember my name.

With some help, I had the Patrol loaded to the gunnels with my new chairs...


After a fabulous lunch of smoked salmon and sparkling white, I trundled home again to admire my latest acquisition...


Next on my Provincial Home Living wish list? The Obernai Library (might need a trailer for that one)...

image by Provincial Home Living



15 comments:

  1. They are beautiful Brooke!!! Well worth the wait :)

    I look forward to seeing more photos of your dining room :)

    I went to ikea yeserday for the second time ever. Only a 5 minute drive but was the most stressful experience ever :( ... went by myself and couldn't get the bookshelf onto the trolley as it was way too heavy ... and then the guy who helped me put it in my sports car didn't do a very good job of positioning it and on my way home it almost crushed me... more than once! ugggggh. It's times like these that I realise how much I rely on MrB *shy*

    Enjoy your new chairs :)))

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That SO sounds like something I would do!

      Delete
  2. Well worth the trip. They look gorgeous. I have them in black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love them Brooke, they are perfect. I love that you took a road trip to pick them up, so much fun! I must get to Provincial Home Living one day. I've signed up for their e-newsletter and it's oh so tempting! We've got a road trip on the cards to see the Grace Kelly exhibition in Bendigo. Worried it's a little bit too far by car . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Kate! Never too far by car, especially if you drag a few friends along for the trip. (Adelaide to Bendigo is definitely an overnighter though).

      Delete
  4. The chairs look great, Brooke. Oh, and the bookcase - love!

    Glad you had a great experience, and I have to say that drive would have all just been part of the fun!

    Have a great week
    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! The chairs look stunning. The library is out of this world! I love it in black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! The chairs look great, well worth the trip. At least they fit into your car. Get the library! The black is fantastic. Now I want it too! But have no room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snap, we have the same chairs! You worked a lot harder for yours though - I didn't realise how much I take for granted living in Melbourne until reading about your 600km trek. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look beautiful Brooke - definately worth the 300km journey (I'm sure everyone wouldn't agree with me but I would do it!). That library is rather gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect chairs for a country kitchen - they look fabulous. That's my kind of road trip - purely for shopping, and yummy food & wine too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh B, that is a huge trip! But they are definitely worth it and match your style so well. The house on chambers most definitely needs that library!!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Brooke. I am a friend of Kates from PDP. Really enjoy reading your blog! You will love these chairs, I also have them. I am an Adelaide girl moved to the country and these were my first purchase for the move. Great to look at but also strong enough to seat heavy farmers. Enjoy!! Jourdanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The chairs look fabulous Brooke! What an adventure, but where there's a will there's a way!!!!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!