April 23, 2012

Farmhouse inspiration and a progress report...

image via pinterest
There's so much that I love about this kitchen - the antique butchers' block, the marble splash-backs and the copper accent pieces. Not to be fussy, but it does feel let down by the generic white canisters and the bamboo roller blinds..

Meanwhile, on the renovation front... lovely hanging lights have been installed in the main bedroom and walk-in-robe, making this space complete. That means the first ever Chambers Before & After shots are coming (as soon as I find time to iron the bedding for photographs). The iron orb chandelier also arrived, and we unpacked it only to discover a very odd brown splotchy finish over the metal work. The lovely ladies from Two Pairs were on to the supplier in a flash, so I'm sure we'll have the kitchen light hanging soon. And my long awaited landscape painting for the entrance has arrived and is currently at the framers. I'm thrilled with it and can't wait to show you!

14 comments:

  1. How exciting - can't wait to see your 'after' photos. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it on - 'before and after' photos are my fav!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the before and afters B!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butcher block island is absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Can't wait to see pix!!! Hurry;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on my own opinion, I think that farmhouse inspiration and progress is really coming. I know that everyone of us has our own inspiration. I think that wood furnitures are truly magnificent and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the pics - would love to cook in that kitchen above!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant wait to see! Great kitchen inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very exciting news.... gorgeous kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing it.
    Love the butcher's block too!
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, now this is what I call a kitchen! Can’t wait to see your before and after shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look forward to your after photos <3

    Exciting stuff!!!

    B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just catching up on your blog Brooke, love that kitchen, the butchers block & clock won me over!!!
    Cant wait to see your before & after pics, especially when that new kitchen light is sorted & hung, I would love one of those above my staircase when we EVENTUALLY get to start building.
    Congrats on the lawn, next spring its going to look fantastic. Your definately right about that food beer/ labour connection, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!