May 14, 2012

Before and After... Main Bedroom

Before
In my very first week of blogging, I posted that "work has been underway for six months now and several rooms are nearing completion". In retrospect, that comment lay somewhere between highly optimistic and slightly delusional. Eighteen months on, and with a greatly enhanced awareness of the realities of renovating, we are (finally) ready for our first Chambers Before & After (sincere thanks for your patience lovely readers!).

The image above shows the main bedroom on the day we moved in, complete with awkward rectangular window, external door and the fondly named 'spew carpet' that took us almost twelve months to replace. Here is the bedroom today...

After
I like a bedroom to be simple, understated and serene, with a neutral palette. Our pets are prized residents, so a custom dog bed was essential for Georgia the Corgi. Belly the Ragdoll previously slept on the black velvet armchair until our cleaner banned her last month. Now she hops straight on the bed and uses Farmer Joe's feet as a pillow.

Also, if anyone knows where I can source a clear Edison filament globe with a screw fitting, please let me know (the pendant light just doesn't look quite right without it).







I'm always happy to share my sources, so here's a list if you are interested:
Upholstered headboard: Interiors Online
Bedside tables, lamps, pendant light, clock, picture frame, marble bowl: One Rundle Trading Co
Chest of drawers, black velvet armchair, black velvet pillow: Laura Ashley
Hurricane lanterns, metal ampersand: Two Pairs Homewares
Custom dog bed: Ada & Darcy
If there's anything I've missed out, please email me.

Sleep tight!

27 comments:

  1. Brooke, I was so excited when I saw your post title. Your bedroom is a glorious retreat. Congratulations on a job beautifully done! I particularly love the choice of bedhead.

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Beautiful Brooke! Love it! Have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so calming. I especially love your bed linen and cushions <3

    The dog bed still looks amazingly good and stain free :) and I remember when you first bought it.

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B! Georgia tries her best to filth up the dog bed (last night I caught her bringing dog biscuits in for a midnight snack), but it's made of really tough cotton. A cold wash in the machine each week keeps it sparkling clean!

      Delete
  4. You've done such a wonderful job Brooke. It is very serene with an understated elegance - a long way from the first photo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful bedroom. Love the bedhead. Did you make it?
    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pen! You flatter me with the question! I have no DIY skills at all, so this bedhead was purchased from Interiors Online.

      Delete
  6. I have been looking forward to this for ages and you did not disappoint Brooke! I am so glad you gave the resources because I have fallen for your bedside table lamps hard! The whole room is so elegant and chic, the perfect place to lay your head at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous!! I love how serene it is. That dresser of yours is to die for! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just amazing Brooke! You have been shopping at some of my favorite stores again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks lovely, Brooke. Very classic and serene. Love the doggy bed, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, looks great! Can I ask what paint colour you used on the walls?? Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is Dulux Hog Bristle in half strength. It's a handy neutral that we've used right through the house.

      Delete
  11. Love your bedroom. It looks so calm and peaceful.
    I think Kristyn at The Painted Hive found some of the light bulbs you're looking for.
    Cheers Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks gorgeous B! Love your bed head and that fabulous light :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done, it's fabulous!!! You have a lovely blog, I start following, hope you'll check mine and if you like it, follow back!!! xoxo from Rome

    www.rockandfrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love how light and airy it feels! Thanks for sharing sources because my pooches need that dog bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks lovely Brooke - very peaceful and a nice balance of masculine and feminine. I adore that dresser; simply beautiful! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very stylish & sophisticated, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Brooke! The bedroom is amazing -- I love the clean sophistication! Incredible job! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Brooke. Classic, simple and understated. Just lovely.
    I happened to see your question regarding light globes. Not sure if you've already sourced some though you can buy Edison bulbs from eBay (pretty sure they have both bayonet and screw caps). Just do a search for 'edison globe' and they should come up.
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous bedroom! Can you please tell me where you sourced your two black and white striped cushions please?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kerri! Thanks for your kind comment. The black and white striped cushions were from Pillow Throw Decor on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/PillowThrowDecor - a wonderful seller that I highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your blog...and your beautiful bedroom: you should enter it in the competition real living magazine has just advertised in latest issue.
    And beacon lighting has just released a bulb that may suit your needs
    carly

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!