July 9, 2012

From larder to walk-in-robe...


This little before and after may be modest, but it does deserve points for practicality. When we first moved onto Chambers, the main bedroom (then an office) had an en-suite but no clothes storage. Conveniently, a built-in larder came off the laundry and abutted the bedroom wall, making for an easy conversion into a walk-in-robe.


Before
After gutting the space, we flipped the door from the north to the south wall (so that it now opened into the bedroom) and installed a simple flat-pack fit-out.

After
The hardest part of the process was finding reasonably priced wicker baskets for the top shelf (if you're looking, they're on sale now at Howard's Storage). And after eighteen months of getting dressed in the guest bedroom every morning, a walk-in-robe suddenly feels like a lovely piece of luxury...

13 comments:

  1. Great makeover.
    Love your shoes.
    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very practical and looks great, too! I really like the baskets along the top shelf.

    M
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Looks amazing. Job well done. I know!!! The wicker baskets are soooo expensive. I only get them on sale too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Brooke, I love the baskets too. Off to search for them online! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! It's my dream to have an ensuite and walk-in wardrobe in our room - one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! I can't find the wicker baskets on Howard's Storage World website - do you know what they're called? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monique. I've had a good look on the website and I can't find them either - these ones might be in-store only, sorry! I don't recall the name, but they did come in white also.

      Delete
  7. Very clever and how darn exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Brooke! I have an old house with no built-in wardrobes of any sort, let alone walk-ins so I'm very jealous! :) I am dreaming of our new house which has to have the biggest walk-in robe a small house has ever seen - can't wait!! xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! It's my dream to have an ensuite and walk-in wardrobe in our room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic! I really like the drawers and shoe storage cabinetry you have used. You mentioned it was a flat pack system, could you tell me where you purchased them? Thanks, Cal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your lovely comment Cal. The fitout is from Packers in Adelaide. We were really pleased with the price - I would recommend using them.

      Delete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!