August 14, 2013

Just between you and me

Several months ago my secret little blog became a bit too well known in our local area. Farmer Joe was suddenly actually being called "Farmer Joe" by locals, and more than once he was stopped in town and asked his opinion on the various strengths of Dulux Hogs Bristle. Feeling a little shy, he asked me to stop blogging until the interest died down. So I did. But now we're back. (And at some stage soon, I will get around to telling Farmer Joe that too). So for the lovely ladies who have been following from the start, and those of you who have quietly encouraged me to get back to it, here's what you've missed while we've been away...

In a fit of energy, Farmer Joe completely demolished the laundry...


We started to tame the driveway garden beds (with a front-end loader, of course)...


 And created edgings using recycled red bricks...



We resurfaced the driveway with limestone gravel...



 We finally said "Hello!" to our new windows...


And (not a moment too soon) said "Good Riddance" to the old brown aluminium...


And, with much groaning and complaining, we repainted all the timber work, cornices and walls in every room that we'd already painted...

Corgis are wonderful at many things. Acting as Painting Assistant is not one of them.

Finally, after THREE YEARS, we have finished rooms. Properly finished, rather than "come look at our new kitchen, but please ignore the leaking ceiling, the brown aluminium and the lack of window coverings".
But that's for next week...


4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you're back! Looks like you are making great progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I feel like that was my fault! The weird stalker girl at the races who took your photo then freaked your poor husband out when I asked if you were Brooke from the house on chambers! Ha!

    It's great to see you back - I too have been on a break after a massive life change but hope to find my blog mojo again soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! Great to hear from you and of course it wasn't your fault! Farmer Joe was very flattered to be recognised by you at the races. He didn't cope so well with our friends and neighbours finding the blog. Suddenly not very anonymous! Hope to see you blogging again soon.x

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're back Brooke - I missed you! Your reno looks like it's coming along beautifully!

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!