January 8, 2014

Creating a gallery wall...

During this post-Christmas period we have been up to our eyeballs in art, creating a gallery wall for the study. Here's how we wrangled our collection of paintings, vanity fair illustrations, degree parchments and miscellany...


First, I hijacked the guest bedroom and arranged all the frames until I was happy with the layout (much like trying to assemble a puzzle without the box). Then I created a newspaper template for each frame and positioned them on the wall...


Then I nagged Farmer Joe for three days straight, until every last piece was hung...


And our feature wall was complete!


4 comments:

  1. Wow this has truly inspired me...love love love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!, it looks amazing. Gallery walls are tough bc they can look so cluttered but yours is simply perfect. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'very heard of this method before but you've made the trick work so well! The wall looks fabulous! And I love the mix of subject matter too! X kl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Brooke! I have one in my study with all my sports team photos, certificate from college etc but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thank you!